A Bank Code is a unique identification code for a particular bank. These codes are used when transferring money between banks and also can be used to exchange messages between them.
There are many different kinds of bank codes, including SWIFT codes and local or country-specific codes. Examples of local bank codes are BSB numbers, sort codes, and routing numbers.
Local bank codes are managed by a central bank, a bank supervisory body or a Bankers Association in a country. Codes are then assigned to all its licensed member banks or financial institutions. The code rules vary between the countries.
Since the introduction of International Bank Account Numbers (IBANs), the countries which use IBAN have mostly integrated their local bank codes into the prefix of IBAN account numbers.
Bank Code Checker & Lookup
At Bank.Codes, we provide a lookup function to check the validity of various bank codes. Currently we support validating the following types. More will be added soon, so stay tuned!
Thinking about wiring money abroad? Compare international money transfer providers
With so many options to choose from when it comes to international money transfer, it can be difficult to quickly find the right provider for your needs. Our two partner websites exiap.com and exiap.co.uk can help you find the most reliable and cost-effective way to send your money across borders.
1. Bank Codes Validation & Search
- Australia BSB Number Checker
- Australia BSB Number Finder
- Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) Checker
- Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) Finder
- Ireland National Sort Code (NSC) Checker
- Ireland National Sort Code (NSC) Finder
- Mexico Clave Bancaria Estandarizada (CLABE) Checker
- New Zealand National Clearing Code (NCC) Checker
- New Zealand National Clearing Code (NCC) Finder
- Nigeria Uniform Bank Account Number (NUBAN) Checker
- SWIFT Code Finder
- SWIFT Code Checker
- US Routing Number Checker
- US Routing Number Finder
2. IBAN Validation & Calculator
3. Bank Codes & IBAN Lookup Search
- Australia BSB Number API Lookup
- International Bank Account Number (IBAN) API Lookup
- Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) API Lookup
- Ireland National Sort Code (NSC) API Lookup
- Mexico Clave Bancaria Estandarizada (CLABE) API Lookup
- New Zealand National Clearing Code (NCC) API Lookup
- Nigeria Uniform Bank Account Number (NUBAN) API Lookup
- SWIFT Code API Lookup