IBAN for Crédit Lyonnaiss in France consists of up to 27 characters:
- 2 letter ISO code for country
- 2 digits IBAN check digits
- 5 digits bank identifier of Crédit Lyonnais
- Up to 5 digits for branch code (code guichet)
- Up to 11 digits representing the standard account number
- 2 digits for national check digits (clé RIB)
|Crédit Lyonnais IBAN example for France||FR1420041010050500013M02606|
|IBAN in print format||FR14 2004 1010 0505 0001 3M02 606|
|ISO Code for France||FR|
|IBAN check digits||76|
|Branch Code (Code Guichet)||01005|
|National check digits (clé RIB)||06|
Do you need an IBAN in France?
Yes. If you’re making – or expecting to receive – an international money transfer to a Crédit Lyonnais bank account in France, then just a standard bank account number isn’t enough. If you want your money to arrive quickly and safely, you’ll usually need to give the bank a few extra details, such as an IBAN or SWIFT code.
The downside of international transfers with your bank
When you send or receive an international wire with your bank, you might lose money on a bad exchange rate and pay hidden fees as a result. That’s because the banks still use an old system to exchange money. We recommend you use TransferWise, which is usually much cheaper. With their smart technology:
- You get a great exchange rate and a low, upfront fee every time.
- You move your money as fast as the banks, and often faster – some currencies go through in minutes.
- Your money is protected with bank-level security.
- You join over 2 million customers who transfer in 47 currencies across 70 countries.
How can I find my Crédit Lyonnais France IBAN number?
Finding the right IBAN number is crucial, but shouldn’t be difficult.
You can either work out your IBAN based on the example above, or find everything you need by logging into Crédit Lyonnais France online banking, or checking your bank statement.
If you don’t use the right IBAN number, your payment might be returned or sent to the wrong account. Get it right the first time by checking with your bank, or asking the recipient to provide the details you need, if you’re not sure.
Don’t forget, any IBAN or BBAN account numbers we use in this article are given as examples, and shouldn’t be used to process a transfer.
Generate & Validate IBAN
Click on "Generate" button below to use IBAN Calculator to generate IBAN or "Validate" button to check IBAN for bank account in .