IBAN for Deutsche Bank in Germany consists of up to 22 characters:
- 2 letter ISO code for country
- 2 digits IBAN check digits
- 8 digits bank and branch identifier (Bankleitzahl or BLZ) of Deutsche Bank - Up to 10 digits representing the standard account number
|Deutsche Bank IBAN example for Germany||DE89370400440532013000|
|IBAN in print format||DE89 3704 0044 0532 0130 00|
|ISO Code for Germany||DE|
|Bank and branch identifier code||37040044|
|Bank account number||532013000|
Do you need an IBAN in Germany?
Yes. If you’re making – or expecting to receive – an international money transfer to a Deutsche Bank account in Germany, then just a standard bank account number isn’t enough. If you want your money to arrive quickly and safely, you’ll usually need to give the bank a few extra details, such as an IBAN or SWIFT code.
The downside of international transfers with your bank
When you send or receive an international wire with your bank, you might lose money on a bad exchange rate and pay hidden fees as a result. That’s because the banks still use an old system to exchange money. We recommend you use TransferWise, which is usually much cheaper. With their smart technology:
- You get a great exchange rate and a low, upfront fee every time.
- You move your money as fast as the banks, and often faster – some currencies go through in minutes.
- Your money is protected with bank-level security.
- You join over 2 million customers who transfer in 47 currencies across 70 countries.
How can I find my Deutsche Bank Germany IBAN number?
Finding the right IBAN number is crucial, but shouldn’t be difficult.
You can either work out your IBAN based on the example above, or find everything you need by logging into Deutsche Bank Germany online banking, or checking your bank statement.
If you don’t use the right IBAN number, your payment might be returned or sent to the wrong account. Get it right the first time by checking with your bank, or asking the recipient to provide the details you need, if you’re not sure.
Don’t forget, any IBAN or BBAN account numbers we use in this article are given as examples, and shouldn’t be used to process a transfer.
Generate & Validate IBAN
Click on "Generate" button below to use IBAN Calculator to generate IBAN or "Validate" button to check IBAN for bank account in .